Saturday, May 14, 2005

rumors and propositions

-Recovered from that bullshit friendster-

"I've taken a lot of [stuff] from a lot of people, probably more than anybody in the history of the sport. I know Hank [Aaron] and Jackie [Robinson] took a good deal of [stuff], but I guarantee it wasn't for six years."
- John Rocker
He's really competing with Jason Giambi to be the biggest train wreck in baseball.

My favorite Chappelle rumor -via Howard Stern:
They reported he was in some type of rehab or psychiatric treatment. Something to do with deeply finding his Muslim religion and apparently having issues with what he has done in the past and taped for this season. That would actually explain the hold in the DVD which they did not mention on Stern as well as the hold for comedy when the shows are already finished. Again this is just what I heard on the show during my drive to work, so if they said anything after about it feel free to post and correct this.

Chappelle was in blackface, with white painted lips, white gloves, a red vest, a black cane and a Pullman Porter cap. He was dressed for a sketch titled "The Ni**** Pixie" in which Chappelle plays a cackling, devil-on-the-shoulder creation who serves as the self-hating conscience of famous black men, such as Tiger Woods and Chappelle himself. As the minstrel-accented pixie, he kept busting up the crew with his profane ad-libs over footage of Woods attempting a putt.

I'm still looking forward to that... Saw Funny HA HA... It's like a socially inept version of Reality Bites -- Less cool, less overally snappy unrealistic dialouge, funny but painful to watch... it was a 90 minute movie that seemed like 3 hours. Better in retrospect than during the movie.

Ricky Henderson back in baseball
This makes me happy. I hate when jackasses tell players to hang it up because they are too old. Fuck that, I say play forever if you can... Ruin your legacy.. what bullshit

I want the Yankees to win the world series - BUT if they dont.. I want them to crash and burn.
I want everyone fired, 100 losses 4 managers fired in the course of the season 3 announcers fired from the Yes Network and A-rod suspended in a scandle involveing Derek Jeter's father. Nothing like watching a team go up in a blaze of embarassment

I'm feeling pretty white.. saw a prieview for Bomb The System beats all done by some dude named El-P... Sounded interesting, and I figure I would ask my white rap expert friend about him.
When does the New York Sports Free-fall stop? Is it with the Mets, even the Metrostars suck this year. That wouldn't annoy me, but seriously.
New England Revolution are 6-0-1. COME ON

At least the New York Dragons lead their division. Hmm the Arena Bowl and Wrestlemania got started in the same year, There's got to be more to that. I got to look into getting Dragon playoff tickets. Just seems like the only New York playoff game I'd be going to this year

Natrually Boston doesn't have a team, and the Dragons are good. Just an embarassing 12 months to be a fan of anything New York Sports related. On the plus side, at least no one has expectations

Looks like another poker and laying down style weekend... with Jonas's 30th birthday party thrown in. Naps are good

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home